Monday, October 2, 2023

My New 6 String Bass Guitar

 


Song:  Until We Meet Again

Composer / Performer:  James Toller





This is my new 6 string bass guitar.

I love it.

When it arrived today...
I was like a child at Christmas.

The middle four strings are just like the standard 4 string bass guitar...
but it comes with an extra low note string and an extra high note one on the outside strings.

I can tune it as a standard 6 string bass guitar...
or I can tune it just as a standard guitar...
but one full octave below it...
just as the bass flute is one octave below the Concert flute...
or in one of the many variational tunings of the 6 string bass guitar.

I have some new compositions to come up with for 
the new book I will soon be starting...
and the music will be using my new 6 string bass and my bass flute.

Even though I have never played the Bass Guitar...
I am confident I will be able to compose music using one...
by ear.

The new book will be called Hunza...
and the main character of the same name
will be playing a homemade extra low version of the Tanpura...
a 4 stringed instrument originating in India...
but also played in Pakistan, as well as in other areas in the world.



You will notice the 6 string bass on the left...
and my relatively new semi hollow body electric guitar on the right...
and of course my classical guitar in the middle...
and my bass flute in front of the computer.

The 6 String Bass has a very wide fret board.

I am excited to soon start playing and composing new music using it.

I gave my old electric guitar to my brother in law...
and my old 4 string bass to my elder sister.


And...
my twelve string acoustic is on the left in this photo...
and my Max 10 keyboard.

The Tiger's Den is now complete...
well...
for now.

I thought that I was done before...
but...
I had heard a tremendously beautiful song using a 6 string bass...
and I knew I just had to have one.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment